Rosemount Development Trust (RDT) has a long history of supporting the community in Royston.
Since 2008, we have donated over a million pounds (£1,024,646) to community causes, including the distribution of over £250,000 to local organisations through our Community Benefit Fund.
Our financial support has made a difference where it matters – helping to fund local services that matter to the people of Royston; from football kits to farm-to-table programmes, trips for lunch clubs, to the purchase of community land. Read more about our Community Benefit Fund below – and download an application form.
As lead organisation in the Royston Strategy Group, RDT often takes a prominent role in driving the Strategy Groups initiatives.
In recent years this has included:
- The creation of the Royston Vision and Strategy (2015) document
- The commissioning of the Roystonhill Masterplan (2019), in partnership with Copperworks and Blochairn Housing Associations
- The commissioning of the Royston Regeneration Strategy (2022), with a focus on Royston Road
- The provision of local employability programmes
- Community greening initiatives, art and heritage projects and community events
- The annual provision of the community Christmas tree at Royston Primary School and lighting along Royston Road
- Continuous liaison with Glasgow City Council in order to improve local safety, cleanliness and provision
- Ongoing work to bring local assets into community ownership
Since 2021, RDT have also employed a full-time Community Development Officer with a remit of helping to promote regeneration in Royston in line with the aims and objectives of the Strategy Group.
Community Benefit Fund
Every year we make awards to local organisations via our Community Benefit Fund for projects or activities which align with our objectives, namely:
- To benefit residents of Royston
- To benefit areas neighbouring Royston
- To prevent and/or relieve poverty
- To relieve unemployment
- To advance citizenship and community development
- To relieve those in need by reason of age (young or old)
- To relieve those experiencing ill-health
- To assist those affected by disability
- To assist those facing financial hardship
How to Apply
The Community Benefit Fund is open to charitable or voluntary organisations based in Royston or Germiston and will award organisations a maximum of £1,000 in any one financial year.
Should organisations be unsuccessful with an application, they are welcome to reapply within the same year.
To apply to the Community Benefit Fund, please fill out the application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, the form can be printed out and returned to:
Rosemount Development Trust
Unit W6/16, Rosemount Business Park
141 Charles Street, Royston
Glasgow G21 2QA
If you wish to discuss your application prior to submitting it, or require help filling out the form, we’d be happy to help.
RDT’s Board of Directors will review submitted funding applications monthly. They may request further information, at which point applicants will be contacted directly.
If successful in your application, we may ask you to arrange a presentation and take photos of any such event.
Below are some highlights from community work undertaken by RDT – including funded projects, donations to local groups from our Community Benefit Fund, and presentations of our Jim Conway award.